Sunday, 22 November 2020

My memory palace

 Everybody's memory is arranged in a different way intrinsically whose basic rules of that arrangement is unaware of.

I don't know about others, but my primary key of my memory storage is the emotions that was attached during the subject of the memory. 

Off late many incidents are surfacing to prove my theory of my memory management. One was the demise of SPB which brought out many of his old golden melodies. Which made me cry for a different reason. I was transported to that era when I used to hang around the radio listening to vividbharathi aired between 8.15 to 10 am during the holidays. My mind was totally free from the clutter of all stress, worry, or future. Life was so different. With this audio input my my creative imagination would paint a beautiful video.

Nothing worried me. Even the unfinished holiday homework till the last day of the holiday.

I don't want to digress...Let me come to another incident. Eversince the corona time an urge to do something different kept coming. I decided to watch an old movie Nagarahavu. The last time I had watched was with my family, neighbors, when I was a little girl. It brought about mixed emotions, I was very happy that I could strike one out from my ToDo list. I was totally unhappy that my earlier happy memory of watching this movie is going to get replaced with the current one. Or it's the midlife crisis age, or the uncertain effect of corona age, cant pinpoint on the exact reason for my unrest mind. Anyway I couldn't complete the movie overcome by my emotional trauma. 

The movie was awesome with beautiful acting by Ashwath, Leelavathi, Vishnu....I also realized that only now I understood that movie....😁

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful experience! We all grew up with vividhbharathi and doordarshan in that era which is most memorable for me though as we all played on the streets which was our playground..... Haha...

    ReplyDelete